When you're less than a week away, what do you get your husband/boyfriend for Valentines day?
I am a big fan of DIY thoughtful gifts for occasions like Anniversaries or Valentines Day. These are some ideas that I have done in the past for my husband.
1. Give him one present for each of the senses and title it
"I love you with ALL my senses"
"I Love you with ALL my senses" These are all affordable options that won't cost you too much.
Gifts for Sight/See
- a Picture of you two from the past year
- Make a photo album if you have more time
- Movie tickets
- Go hiking
Gifts for Sound/Listening
- a Slideshow with your favorite song as the background music (you can easily make one on your iPhone movie maker app)
- Concert tickets
- a Watch
- Noise cancelling headphones
- Go hiking (listen to the "outside")
Gifts for Smell (You can play a game and put a blind fold on if you want)
- Beard oil (if applicable) or nice shampoo/body wash
- Car air freshener
- Spices (if he's a cook)
- Coffee (if he likes coffee)
Gifts for Taste
- Favorite candy/food
- Cook his favorite meal
- Wine/beer tasting tour
- Favorite beverage
- Coffee/spices apply to this one as well
Gifts for Touch/Feel
- Soft blanket
- a New pillow
- Massage oils
- Heat/ice pack (you know you're getting old when this comes to mind)
- Foam roller
Also check out my tried and true gift ideas for him.
2. Make him Breakfast in Bed
Since Valentines day is on a Thursday I thought it would be a good idea to
Wake him up with breakfast/coffee in bed and of course have a valentines day card. I don't have much time to make breakfast, so I am sticking to a few pancakes/toast with eggs and bacon combinations. Don't forget to cut these into heart shapes!!
- Recipe 1: Bacon Sheet Pancakes
- Recipe 2: Fluffy AF panckakes
- Recipe 3: Classic French Toast
- Recipe 4: Prosciutto and Egg Toast (optional, top with arugula)
- Recipe 5: Run out to your nearest breakfast spot and take it to go and bring it home before he wakes up. I honestly would be happy with a tudor's biscuit, a mcdonald's big breakfast, or a dunkin donut. LOL
I also thought these recipes were SUPER cute if you're making breakfast for the whole family.
3. Create a box or jar full of date ideas
4. Tell him 52 reasons why you love him
5. Make him a coupon book full of surpises
From massages, to packing his lunch, to letting the dogs out, to watching HIS favorite show - let him choose when, no restrictions!
If you haven't found an idea yet, check out my gift ideas for him post.